How I Built My Own Ballet Barre

About one year ago, I built my own ballet barre to use at home. Before I moved into the house I am in now, my dance space was a small kitchen and sometimes garage space. I needed something that was sturdy enough to stay upright, but also lightweight and portable.

I looked through many designs and material options, and ended up choosing this DIY pipe barre from Ballerinas by Night. I used acrylic paint and glitter, sealed with a clear coat. I also had some extra glow-in-the-dark paint in my craft kit, so I threw some in the mix.

The project cost me around 80 dollars for all of the materials. Thus far, the barre has held up well. I do sometimes find that I need to add a bit of weight to the base legs. It depends on what I am working on. I’ve found my wrist weights do well for this duty.

While I could have purchased a premade portable barre, I liked the idea of building it myself. I’ve used similar DIY pipe barres in classes for years, so there is some nostalgia built into it as well.

I hope this post was useful or enjoyable for you. Thank you for being here.


2 thoughts on “How I Built My Own Ballet Barre

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s